FarSight Ventures is an investment and advisory firm. We have extensive experience in venture capital, private equity, entrepreneurship and corporate development; particularly in the software, information technology, new media, big data, AI/ML, IoT, Robotics and Blockchain sectors.
As an investment firm, we invest in both public and private companies. As an advisory firm, we work with our clients and portfolio companies in the areas of strategic planning, business development, financial management, human resources management, business and joint venture negotiations, exit planning and general development. We are also involved in economic development issues related to technology entrepreneurship, new company and industry creation, and public policies in establishing emerging industries and in attracting risk capital to support emerging industries/companies.
We manage investment partnerships and separately-managed accounts for clients who are interested in investing in U.S. and global emerging technology companies based on our proprietary Global Thematic Based Investing Approach.
Stan Fung is the Managing Director of FarSight Ventures.
For additional information, press inquiries and services, please contact:
Stan Fung Profile:
Stan has more than 30 years of experience in private and public investing, and more than 35 years of experience with emerging and established technology companies in the U.S., China and around the world.
Stan spent 2010 as an Asia Programs Fellow at the Ash Center at Harvard Kennedy School, where he researched and worked with fellows from China. His research focused on using technology cooperation to promote economic development, to develop trade policies, and to improve country relations. His research topic was "Science, Technology and Innovation Policy - with focus on U.S.-China Relations".
Stan was recently a Managing Director at Zero Stage Capital where he worked between 1992 and 2004. At Zero Stage Capital, he led investments in software, communications, Internet and energy-related companies. He led investments in 19 companies that resulted in 8 successful initial public offerings and 3 strategic sales to corporate partners. He was on the Board of three Nasdaq companies.
Previously, he was with Advent International between 1990 and 1992, where he worked in the Far East Group and invested in opportunities that had direct relevance to Asia. Before becoming a venture capitalist, he held software engineering and product management positions at venture-backed Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) during its formative stage (#38), and sales and marketing positions at IBM Corporation (NYSE:IBM).
Stan is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences related to the venture capital industry, entrepreneurship and economic development. These include:
- 2021 New England Venture Summit
- 2021 Horasis Global Meeting
- 2019 New England Venture Summit (Boston, MA)
- 2019 Horasis China Meeting (Las Vegas, NV)
- 2019 BCI Summit (New York, NY)
- 2019 Horasis Global Meeting (Cascais, Portugal)
- 2018 Horasis Asia Meeting (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
- 2018 Horasis China Meeting (Kiev, Ukraine)
- 2018 Global Assets and Wealth (GAW) Forum (Singapore)
- 2018 AI, Robotics and Machine Learning Conference (Palo Alto, CA)
- 2018 CB Blockchain Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- 2017 Horasis China Meeting (Sheffield, UK)
- 2017 DM Alternatives Conference (Seoul, Korea)
- 2016 Horasis China Meeting (Interlaken, Switzerland)
- 2016 New England Institutional Investors Forum (Boston, MA)
- 2015 New England Venture Summit (Boston, MA)
- 2015 Horasis China Meeting (Cascais, Portugal)
- 2015 Chief Strategy Officer Summit (Shanghai, China)
- 2014 New England Venture Summit (Boston, MA)
- 2014 New England Institutional Investors Forum (Boston, MA)
- 2013 Babson Asia Entrepreneurship Forum (Babson College, Wellesley, MA)
- 2007 - 2014 Global China Business Meeting (Europe)
- 2010 China Early Stage Investor Forum (Shanghai, China)
- 2007 China Venture Capital & Private Equity Forum (Shenzhen, China)
- Private Equity and Alternative Investments Conference (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
- Capital 2000 Summit (Montreal, Canada)
- 1999 International Seminar on Venture Capital (Beijing, China) - organized by CHENG Siwei
- MIT Sloan Venture Capital Conference
- MIT Enterprise Forum Satellite Broadcast Series
Stan has been on the judging panel of numerous business plan contests, including the prestigious MIT $100K Entrepreneurship Competition (which he co-founded in 1989), the MIT-CHIEF (China Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum) Business Plan Contest, and the Harvard Business School New Venture Competition.
Stan served on the Investment Committee of the University of Massachusetts Foundation, Inc. from 2000 to 2018.
Stan earned a BS (Summa Cum Laude) in Computer Systems Engineering from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, an MS in Computer Science from UCLA, and an SM in Management from the MIT Sloan School of Management. At MIT Sloan School, he completed his Master's Thesis "Venture Capital in the Far East: A Comparative Study" in May 1990.
Stan was born and raised in Hong Kong.